Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1st days of travel


All flights went well. We didn't sleep on any of them though so we got very tired by the end of the trip. I read a book on the 1st plane ride and so did Erick. I watched 3 movies on the 2nd plane- Erick watched 2. One of the movies we watched simultaneously together. The seats were very crowded; closer together than we were expecting. Erick tried to work but it was too hard due to lack of space so after a while he put his computer away. I tried sleeping a little but never did. On the last plane we both tried sleeping because we were extremely tired but it didn't really work out.

In our DC layover there was a Fuddruckers in the airport, so we ate that b4 getting on the plane. Glad we did cuz the in flight meal was not all that.

We had long layover in Munich, that took forever! Our gate changed two times in those 4 hrs and we were confused on how to get to our gate because their signs were not really directing you right. We were soooo tired at that point but didn't want to fall asleep. One thing we noticed here was that there were Camel ads everywhere. The ads would say smoking can kill you and then you would turn around and see smoking areas and smoking booths. I took pics of them. We went to exchange some money to get a mocha style coffee but it was like $10 each. So we found a little shop and Erick got a coke and I got a little bottled iced coffee mochiatto, which turned out pretty good- those cost us like $10 all together!!! We were bored for our 4 hr layover, and the wifi wasn't free, so we could not get online. Erick played angry birds for a bit, I tried but I was too tired to play. Finally I tried to read my Kindle, but when I got it out is was dead! I hadn't even used it yet! When we were about to board the plane a group of kids in some special group got lined up to board. They were so cute in their matching shirts (which we later found out said HOPE). Not sure where they were coming from or what they were all doing, but it was neat to see a bunch of kids from Peyton's country; made us think of Peyton.

We landed in our destination and walked out of the plane then onto a bus that drove us to the terminal. We went through passport check and then got our bags. As soon as we stepped out into the waiting area we saw our driver, Eugene, with our "Wilsons" sign and he whisked us away to the car. On the way to the apt he would point out different things in the city. We almost got in a accident at one point cuz some car ran a red light.

We got to the apt which is cute. It has a washer, toilet, tub, little kitchen, living area and bedroom. As soon as we got in we turned around and went right back out so Eugene could show us how to walk to the food, grocery, money exchange, etc. Rush rush rush! That was a long walk downhill (and we were so tired). The walk back was a workout. We returned and he left and we searched how to turn on the AC, we were sweaty. We got settled a little and were really ready to go to bed. We set up computers and such so we could charge all our stuff that died. Then we realized we had nothing to drink and you are not supposed to drink the water. So we contemplated going back out to buy some but it looked like it might rain and it was getting dark and we were not sure how late things were open. Finally we ended up going out but as soon as we did it started raining. We went down a ways and then decided just to go home and boil some water and stick it in the fridge if we need it. Erick signed on SKYPE when we got back and posted on FB. My computer wouldn't connect wirelessly to his and I was tired so I just went to bed, it was I think 8pm. Like an hour later he came to bed and I was still awake. He was out in 2 min and I was still awake. I was definitely being attacked in my mind. I just was worried about everything and got scared. I kept praying and letting it all go but I just couldn't sleep. After 4 hrs of laying there I took some melatonin and I think I was asleep within 45-60 min!

We woke up today around 8:30am. Checked email, I made an AdvoCare coffecino and Erick had a SPARK. I surfed FB while Erick showered. Then we switched. We got ready for the day and Eugene picked us up for some sight-seeing at 11:30am or so. We drove more into downtown and stopped where the adoption center is and did some souvenir shopping. Then we walked to a little cafe for lunch. It was really good! It was such a nice day out, the breeze sitting outside was wonderful. Then we walked around the city, getting a tour. We now know a lot of the country history. We saw lots of statues, churches, and tourist shops on the sidewalk. We also saw a playground. The tour was very interesting and we took lots of photos. We got back to our Apt by 3:15pm and are chilling now.

Will update again later. Tomorrow is our appt and then hopefully we get the referral the next day, then take a night train to his region and hopefully meet him the next day, Fri!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! Good luck tomorrow...I'm praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it sounds like all is well. I always just put a blanket over my head to sleep on the plane. Look like a blue ghost. Lol

    ReplyDelete