Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dropped a ball...

OK, well Erick has not heard back from his company yet regarding writing the letter, so keep praying about that...

on another note, just realized I dropped the ball on something and now we will have to wait longer. I thought we had everything (besides employment letter) done and ready to go. All my references were turning in their letters this week and we were just waiting for the SW to finish up the report. Once we had the letter and the report we could turn everything in to USCIS and get this show moving. We were hoping to do this no later than April 1. I am excited to say that my Social Worker just said she should have her first draft of our HS avail Wed!!! However, this ball dropping will now cause a delay.

The dropped ball involves state background check. Back in mid Feb when we got all our HS stuff, I did not get right on all the things in there. There was so much that was going on with the adoption and life in general that somehow some things got overlooked. Then at the end of Feb I realized I had not done much paperwork stuff in a while and that I needed to make sure to get whatever done that will take a while to process so that we dont end up waiting on something later. Well, at this time I realized we still needed to send in background check stuff and local fingerprint stuff. So I did that March 7th. I faxed in the form and placed it in the done pile. Later that week we had all our physical appts, fingerprints, and notary paperwork stuff going on. Life was so crazy that week that I never gave another thought to if the fax went through.

Well the other day I realized I never got a confirmation when I sent the fax. So I called yesterday to see if they ever got the forms. They did not!!! I refaxed right away but they still did not get them. For some reason our fax was not being picked up there. So today I mailed off the forms.

When I talked to my SW she says it will take like 2 WEEKS for that to come back!!!! ARGH!!! If I would have checked on it that wk I sent it, we would have it back and could turn everything in to USCIS either end of this wk or sometime next wk (as long as we get employment letter).

This now adds 2 wks to our timeline! We were thinking at normal rate we might get to submit dossier to country in mid June, but now it might be more like July. With the possibility of closure, this is not a good thing!

Please pray over this with us. Pray we get the letter we need and pray the background check gets processed quickly. Also pray that no other glitches come up. I know God knows what he is doing, and all timing will come together for his plan to come to pass. We are not freaking out, but are trusting in God. We are learning to let go and just do what we can when we can and leave it in God's hands.

1 comment: